Thursday, December 13, 2012

Whoo Hoo! I am now a member of the Daring Kitchen

Earlier this week I received the log in I needed to access The Daring Kitchen and learn about the monthly challenges!  Yesterday, I was able to log in and view the secret Daring Cooks challenge for December and I purchased the ingredients.  Today was the reveal date.  However, it appears I managed to give myself a stress fracture while training for my first half marathon - which I had planned to run on Sunday.

With doctor's orders to stay off my feet, I did not think I would be able to make the meal this week.  However, at 8:30 this evening, I thought of a way to follow the doc's orders and still participate.  I sat on a bar stool in the kitchen to prepare the meal.  Due to the late hour, I prepped everything.  Tomorrow, I plan to bake my meal.  So, I will be posting a day late.  Under the circumstances, I'm okay with that.

It has been a while since my last post.  For the record, everyone LOVED the applesauce mentioned in my last post.  (I still plan to cut back on the sugar next time.)  However, the ribs were not a huge hit.  I do not believe the recipe was to blame.  The beef short ribs tend to have so much fat, none of the recipes we have tried have really won us over.

Until tomorrow, have a great night!

-Renee

No comments: