Saturday, September 22, 2012

He Might Like It

"Why am I starting a cooking blog?"  That is the question of the day.

I have one blog already, that I sometimes struggle to keep updated.  Living My Dream began as an opportunity for me to post my goals and keep myself accountable, but I fear it has turned into an on-line journal of my crazy quilting adventures.

This morning, I was searching for new ideas for a relish tray when I stumbled upon the blog, A Fridge Full of Food... and Nothing to Eat.  (I loved the name!)  The relish tray was a part of a post about a Daring Bakers' challenge to make bagels (yum!)  My curiosity sparked, I googled "Daring Bakers" and discovered it had evolved into The Daring Kitchen. (Of course, I bookmarked the page with the bagel recipe first...)

Did I want to register at The Daring Kitchen and participate with baking and/or cooking challenges with the Daring Bakers or the Daring Cooks?  Yes, yes I did.  Of course, that meant beginning another blog... and the hard part, a name for that blog.  I kept thinking of the variety of foods I would be attempting to make each month, and wondering if my pickiest eater would like any of them - there had to be adventurous recipes he might like, right?  Every time I try cooking something new, I find myself thinking, "He might like it..."

Being the only female in our household of four, I figured there would be three "he's" that might like what I make.  A Google search failed to find a similar name... and that is how this blog was born.

And who am I?  My name is Renee.  Though I enjoy writing and sharing on-line, I am still a skeptic when it comes to sharing personal information with the world.  So, my family consists of my wonderful husband, Monkey (our 15-year-old) and Mutt (our 12-year-old.)  Monkey received his nickname when he was only a year old.  He and his dad picked out a stuffed monkey toy, and his daddy made up a fun "Funky Monkey" song.  He does not even mind if we slip and call him Monkey in front of other high school students.  As for Mutt... it is not a nickname that I easily slip into, but he likes it better than my play off his real name.  When he was 7, he asked me to change his nickname to Piggy.  I told him I simply could not and he would understand why later.  He responded by demonstrating how well he could oink,  We settled on Mutt, as he loves ALL kinds of dogs.

No comments: