Friday, June 28, 2013

Striving to Eat Real Food

Well, the bad news is that I am still running behind on my Daring Bakers' and Daring Cooks' Challenges.

The truth is, I have been sick since the end of April.  Well, not ALL of that time.  I have had little breaks (the longest being 3 full days over Father's Day weekend - and trust me, I was excited about that!) where my body has not hated me for eating.  What's up?  No clue, but we're still looking into that.  I'm not worrying about it or wanting sympathy; I'm just explaining why I am so far behind...

On a positive note two good things have come out of this.  First, I am striving to eat real food and avoid processed foods.  (Alas, dairy is also out of my diet forever... Cheese is the toughie, but once I am feeling better, I will experiment with goat cheeses.)  Second, I have made a lot of progress with my newest passion - crazy quilting.  Unlike this blog, my first blog, Living My Dream, has been incredibly active the past few months! *grins*

No comments: